Top Social

.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Quick & Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I know most people run away from brussels sprouts but I happen to quite like them! You know what else I like? Good food that doesn't take long to make! I work a full time job and love anything that you can throw together quickly and pop in the oven - this is just that!

I found this brussels sprouts recipe online and changed the seasonings and thought throwing in some nuts would add something sweet into the mix. Okay, I can't take credit for that...it was my boyfriends idea.


You'll Need:
  • 1 LB brussels sprouts
  • 1 1/2 tblspn olive oil (used extra virgin)
  • 2 tblspns Garlic & Herb seasonings
  • 1 tblspn granulated garlic (try this instead of using so much salt!)
  • 1/2 cup honey roasted nuts (or nuts of choice)
Directions:
  • Have oven preheating at 425 F.
  • Cut any brown ends off of brussels sprouts, combine all ingredients, excluding the nuts, into a large bowl, and mix together. Make sure all of the sprouts are coated! 
  • Spread the brussels sprouts onto a baking pan and cook for 30 minutes
  • Toss pan every 10 minutes for even roasting, adding nuts in for the last 10 minutes.

You'll know your sprouts are ready to serve if they're soft and juicy all the way through! This is a filling dish as is, but makes a great side to any larger course. I'll definitely be adding this into meals every so often and will keep you posted on any alterations I try!

xo, Katie
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment