Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's Electric! (Boogie Woogie Woogie....)

Did we really not all see this coming? Of course I had to partake in the Urban Decay Electric Palette hype! Retailing for only $49, you receive 10 bright, buttery eyeshadows to complete any Spring or Summer look. 

The packing is a sleek, sturdy case complete with a full size mirror. It's great for travel and will definitely turn heads, with the fun splatter print, when you pull it out of your makeup bag! In all of my excitement for showing you the colors, I didn't take any pictures of the inside of the palette....I know, I'm a horrible blogger. But, lez-b-honest, you can look at the packaging in any other blog post or in stores. What matters (to me) are the true swatches that I'm not getting paid to show you! ;p 
From left-to-right
Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, Fringe, Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, Thrash 

Revolt - Shimmery silver with micro glitter
Gonzo - Sky blue matte 
Slowburn - Intense red-orange matte with shimmer 
Savage - Cool-toned matte, bright pink 
Fringe - Metallic blue-toned teal with silver shimmer
Chaos - Matte neon medium blue with shimmer 
Jilted - Metallic blue-toned fuchsia 
Urban - Metallic medium purple 
Freak - Cool-toned green with gold shimmer 
Thrash - Matte lime yellow with shimmer 

I'm most excited about Savage, Freak, and Thrash. I have never seen any other colors like the last two and I've been dying to get my hands on a good, matte pink. Revolt is the only shadow in this palette that has any fall out due to the micro glitter (which is saying a lot for Urban Decay). My only gripe is that I do wish that Slowburn was more of a true red instead of an orange because a good, matte red is hard to come by. I'll take it and make it work, though!

As pressed pigments, their nature is to be multi-functional. You can use these on the eyes, for cheek color (toned down Savage on your cheeks makes a fun, pink blush), dusted through strands of hair, ect. The options are limitless and that's what I love most about this palette.

Will you be purchasing it? I can't wait to post makeup looks using these colors! 

xo, Katie

2 comments:

  1. This palette is sooo amazing Katie! You know I too would love this kind of palette but I've got so many colors I need to go through first! I love how this palette has lots of pink and blue toned shades! My favorite type of bold shades! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors, though I honestly don't think I'd wear many of them (I'm so basic/neutral with my makeup, ha). Can't wait to see them on you though (and I think I already did, on IG!)

    ReplyDelete