Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Face of the Day 1: In a Flash!

Happy new year! 2013 went by in a flash! (see what I did there?) C'mon....beauty bloggers can be cheesy, right? I hope everyone had a great time last night (I know I did - heh heh). Most bloggers are posting their resolutions today, and I just wanted to share this fun, bright look! 
Okay, I'll let you in on one of my main goals: I really want to step outside of my own comfort zone with different color palettes and application techniques. As much as I want to delete some (most) of my older posts, especially the makeup looks, I don't. I think it's good to show people just how far you can come in a year. So, here's to the first look of 2014!

Urban Decay Eyeshadows Used: 
1. Apply your silver eyeshadow to the center of your eyelid and lower lashline (S&M). 
2. Carefully place your darker purple into the inner and outer corners of the eye and under eye (Flash). 
3. Blend the purple eyeshadow out and apply more silver if needed. 
4. Take your lightest purple eyeshadow (or blending color) and blend through your crease (Grifter). You dont want to see where one purple end and the other begins! 
5. Apply a matte, flesh toned highlight to your brow bone (Foxy). 
6. Apply a shimmery white (Zephyr) to your tear duct area for some extra brightness (if wanted).
7. Finish the look off with black eyeliner and mascara. Lashes would really doll this up! 
xo, Katie 

23 comments:

  1. Such a pretty look !! i love your makeup :) Happy new year doll !! would you like to follow each other on GFC and on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! S & M in the center of you lid just pops so much against the lilac! I totally need to try something like this with the purple! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the idea of silver and purple together. I actually got inspired by shaaanxo on youtube!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love 'flash', such a pretty colour!

    beautyundressedd.blogspot.co,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my favorite out of the lot as well!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous look Katie!
    Helo dear, thank you for the comment on my blog I'm a new follower on GFC and I'd love it if you followed me back :)
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this look is gooorrrgeous!!! Beautiful Beautiful!!! :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the follow doll !! i have followed you back on GFC and on twitter :) R you on bloglovin ? :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is lovely! I have followed you xx

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    Hope you'll come and visit mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could do my eye make-up as pretty as you've done. Great job!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thank you so much for your lovely comment. I didn't win but I'm still trying to improve my blog every day! And of course I will pop over to your blog, I love to see new bloggers and what they are doing to the blogosphere!
    Beauty Supply
    Meditation

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty look - these shades look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these colours look great on you!
    urban decay has great shadows!
    so pigmented!
    :)
    vanessa
    grace-and-gratitude.blogpsot.ca

    ReplyDelete