Monday, December 30, 2013

Best of 2013

WHOA. So much has happened this year in the beauty world as well as in my personal life. I can't believe it's going to be 2014 after tomorrow. It didn't take me long to round up this years favorites because I literally always grab for the same few products. 
Face Products 
Mary Kay TimeWise Matte Wear Foundation  - Perfectly matches my skin tone, beautiful natural finish
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation  - Full coverage, matte finish foundation. Perfect for nights out! 
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer  - Heavy duty concealer, great for stubborn blemishes.  
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser  - Specifically for my under eyes. Its creamy texture doesn't sink into thin lines. 
Nars Orgasm Blush - This is a constant re-buy for me. It gives my cheeks a beautiful glowy look, and brings life to my face when other blushes don't cut it. 
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Always in my makeup bag at all times - no questions asked. This is a must have for oily skin and quick touch-ups. 
Eye Products
Maybelline Falsies Mascara - My favorite mascara of all time. Makes my lashes full and long and is extremely black! 
Loreal Lineur Intense - Felt-tip liquid liner, perfect for creating precise cat eyes. 
MAC Eyeshadows in Phloof!, Sketch, and Star Violet - Phloof! is the perfect brow and inner highlight shadow. Sketch and Star Violet are the colors I always reach for when I want to do a dramatic eye. These create the most beautiful purple, smokey eye! 
Lip Products
Urban Decay Super-Saturated Lip Color in Glinda - A nude, shimmery lip color. I love how easy the pencil is to use. (color was limited edition)
MAC Archie's Girls LipGlass in Mall Madness - Purple lipgloss with multi-color shimmer in it. I pair this anytime I wear purple or pink eyeshadows. 
Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm - Perfect for spring and summer. It's sheer enough to throw on over a lip color, or to pair with a smokey eye when you want shimmery, nude lips. 
Skin Products
Mary Kay Foundation Primer with SPF 15 - I saved this for skin products because I love how this makes my skin feel before applying foundation and the SPF is great so you don't have to worry about applying sunscreen separately. 
Bliss Peeling Groovy Facial Serum - This has completely changed my skin. My skins overall smoothness and tone is better than ever. It's also great for making my pores appear smaller. 
Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover - This makeup remover is oil free so you don't have to worry about your eyes stinging. It's also very smooth so you dont have to pull on the skin around your eyes like you do with other makeup removers. 

What were your favorites this year? I'm so excited for what 2014 holds! 

xo, Katie 

14 comments:

  1. Your NARS blush looks well-loved! :) I really want to try the Kat Von D foundation and Glamoflauge concealer! The Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser I also really liked this year! x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them out! I have oily skin and this mattes me out like crazy! And I love how affordable glamoflauge is!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could try any of the Kat Von D products... specially the foundations and eyeshadows :)

    Happy New Year x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foundation is definitely worth investing in! Her eyeshadows are crazy pigmented too and not badly priced!

      Delete
  3. Tried some of these products and loved them, great selection :)

    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I agree with a bunch of them. I need to try that concealer, I've heard pretty good reviews about it. Those MAC shadows are gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard great things about the Maybelline one! I haven't really seen too many other bloggers try the Hard Candy one though. I totally recommend it!

      Delete
  5. Awesome products Katie! I have had Nars Orgasm on my list for a while and I think its time :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thank you so much for your lovely comment. I didn't win but I'm still trying to improve my blog every day! And of course I will pop over to your blog, I love to see new bloggers and what they are doing to the blogosphere!
    Beauty Supply
    Meditation

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review!
    my favorite purchase of 2013 would have to be my naked 3 palette.
    it's much rosier than the naked 2 palette and i find myself using it all the time!
    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete